The deputy head of the Supervision and Enforcement Department-I of the Turkish Competition Authority joins ELIG Gürkaynak Attorneys-at-Law
It is our pleasure to announce that the deputy head of the Supervision and Enforcement Department-I of the Turkish Competition Authority joined ELIG Gürkaynak Attorneys-at-Law.
As of June 1, 2021, Ms. Ebru İnce has joined its competition law team of 48 specialized competition lawyers as Counsel.
Ms. Ince has a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Bilkent University, where she also attained her MA in Law and Economics degree in 2010. She has successfully served the Turkish Competition Authority since 2009 while also completing her MSc at Barcelona Graduate School of Economics (Competition and Market Regulation) in 2016.
From January 2009 to May 2021, Ms. İnce worked in the Turkish Competition Authority as an assistant competition expert, competition expert, senior competition expert and most recently as a deputy head of the Supervision and Enforcement Department-I, which focuses primarily on information technologies, platform services, telecommunications and media.
She has carried out a range of in-depth work within the scope of her duties at the Turkish Competition Authority, particularly with respect to the preliminary and in-depth investigations in various sectors such as platform services, energy, health services, welding equipment and FMCG retailing. She has led the cases on “E-Marketplace Platforms Sector Inquiry,” “Welding Equipment Cartel Investigation,” “Chemotherapy Devices Bid Rigging Investigation,” and “LPG Dealers Cartel Investigation.” She has extensive experience in competition law matters.
Ms. İnce published numerous papers in national and international journals as below and is a frequent speaker at national and international conferences.
- (2019) “Tacit Collusion: Economics and Implications for Anti-Competitive Agreements Regime”, Competition Journal, Turkish Competition Authority, Vol. 20 Issue: 2, p. 4-70
- (2019) “Challenges Associated with the Market Definition Process on E-commerce Platforms: Why Bother with a Market Definition?”, Chapter 7 of the Competition and Regulation in India - Digital Economy - Hitting the reset button on competition and regulatory governance report, Cuts International, p. 118-130.
- (2018) Standard Essential Patents: An Evaluation from a Competition Policy Perspective", Fostering Innovation for Sustainable Development - Revisiting Intellectual Property Rights and Competition from the Lens of Optimal Regulation, CUTS International, p.3-18
- (2015) “Settlements: A Journey to Uncertainty”, Competition Journal, Turkish Competition Authority, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p27-73
- (2012) “Buyer Power in Grocery Retailing: Approaches, Sources, Consequences and Policy Responses”, Competition Expert Thesis, Turkish Competition Authority
ELIG Gürkaynak Attorneys-at-Law is confident that Ms. Ebru İnce will be an invaluable addition to our team.